Humanist values are the underpinning of the human condition and living them actively means entering into a process of preventing humanitarian conflict.
Since 1994, the Time for Peace Film & Music Awards has, via the media, promoted humanist values and ethics among the public and in the domain of the cinematographic and music industries through works created and interpreted by artists from the world of film and music.
Now the Time for Peace Film & Music Awards is launching an awareness campaign so that by the middle of 2009 the database can become a reality. Different stages will be gradually set in motion, the first one of which is to raise the sum of $200,000.-- that will make possible:
- The creation of a new department, the “Time for Peace Film Awards Internet Database” to be solely responsible for managing the database.
- The creation of a preliminary network of filmmaking professionals – in specific countries where the film industry predominates – responsible for viewing and collecting films made over the past twenty years that present humanist values or contain meaningful ethics. Each film will be categorized and introduced by a synopsis illustrated with photographs to be put on-line via the Internet (please see the film note).
- Translation of the synopses into several languages to provide a wide audience with access to the database.
- The linking of distributors and production houses of those films that are listed in the database in order to facilitate the acquisition of the DVD’s.
- The development of recommendations for the teaching of humanist values through film, expanded by educators and film professionals.
- The campaign of public relations and the press to connect educators in schools and universities as well as private teachers with the establishment of this form of teaching in each country.
- The organization of conferences to make a wide audience aware of the development of this method of education.